||Prunus Amygdalus var amara
||Bitter almond oil, Prunus amygdalus amara I. oil
||8013-76-1, F.E.M.A. : 2046
||Plant Parts Used
||Color & Odor
||Pale yellow clear liquid with sweet nutty aroma
reminiscent of almond kernels, cherry aroma.
A middle sized tree upto 8 metre in height, leaves simple, flowers white
tinged with red, fruits velvety drupes about 3-6 cm long, separating into
Constituents & Specifications :
Almond oil has various chemical compounds that include amygdalin,
benzaldehyde, leucine, valine, phenylalanine, lysine, arginine and
hydrocyanic (prussic acid) etc.
Specific Gravity :
1.04200 - 1.05400 @ 25°C
Refractive Index :
1.54100 - 1.55400 @ 20°C
Aphrodisiac, febrifuge, vermifuge, bactericidal, germicidal, fungicidal and
anti viral, sedative & anesthetic,anti spasmodic & anti hydrophobic,
aperient, diuretic, anti intoxicating:, anti carcinogenic, nervine,
regulator, sedative, stimulant and tonic.
Benefits & Uses :
- Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E oil.
- It is uses such as, an antibacterial, anti-itch, local anesthetic and
- It is used to remove black spots and black marks on the skin
- Almond oil has been used worldwide as an alternative cancer
- It is widely used in flavorings & fragrances industries as well.