||Cardamom seed oil, Elettaria cardamomum seed oil
||8000-66-6, F.E.M.A. : 2241
||Plant Parts Used
||Color & Odor
||Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid with warm
,spicy, balsam & woody odor
Cardamom is one of the most significant, valuable spices in the world. It
consists of the small, highly aromatic pods or seed capsules of a perennial
plant of the ginger family (Zingiberaceae).
Constituents & Specifications :
Cardamom oil has various chemical compounds that include pinene, pinene,
sabinene, myrcene, phellandrene, limonene, cineole,terpinene, cymene,
terpinolene, linalool, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-oil, terpineol, terpineol
acetate, citronellol, nerol, geraniol, methyl eugenol and trans-nerolidol
Specific Gravity :
0.91700 - 0.94700 @ 25°C
Refractive Index :
1.46200 - 1.46600 @ 20°C
Antiseptic, aphrodisiac, carminative, digestive, diuretic, stimulant,
stomachic, tonic and anti-spasmodic. It also has uplifting and invigorating
Benefits & Uses :
- Cardamom oil is used internally for indigestion, nausea, vomiting and
pulmonary disease with copious phlegm.
- Cardamom oil is used for memory enhancement
- It is used to flavor coffee, baked goods, curries and pickles, milk
desserts and mulled wine.
- It is also used for perfumery, beverages, cosmetics and a blend of
- Cardamom is used in perfumery blend for manufacturing of men's
perfume. It is especially used in the preparation of Curve Colognes, Eau
De Toilette spray for men.