||Cymbopogon martinii (sofia)
||Ginger grass essential oil
||Plant Parts Used
||Steam Distillation method
||Color & Odor
||Yellow to light brown liquid with a sharp, green scent
with pepper and lemon undertones odor
It is a perennial growing herbaceous plant having long slender stems with
terminal flowering tops. The grass is the source of oil and is very
Constituents & Specifications :
geraniol, farnesol, geranyl acetate, methylheptenone, citronellol, citral,
dipentene and limonene.
Specific Gravity :
0.9100 - 1. 0100 @ 20 °C
Refractive Index :
1.4880 - 1.4940 @ 20 °C
Gingergrass oil is analgesic, anti-emetic, antiseptic, antispasmodic,
bactericidal, carminative, cephalic, expectorant, febrifuge, laxative,
rubefacient, stimulant, stomachic, sudorific and tonic.
Benefits & Uses :
- Provide relief from anxiety, tension, and headaches; while energizing
property fights fatigue and provides revitalization. It strengthen mood
when feeling low or stressed out.
- Gingergrass essential oil improves blood circulation and provides
- Gingergrass oil very effectively treats cold, cough, sinusitis, and
- In addition to this, ginger grass oil is the perfect treatment of
sore muscles, inflammation, muscle or joint pains etc.
- Used in the treatment of sore muscles, inflammation, muscle or joint