||Melissa essential oil, Lemon balm oil
||8014-71-9, F.E.M.A. : 2113
||Plant Parts Used
||Leaves & Tops
||Color & Odor
||Pale Yellow Liquid with Sweet Citrus Citronella odor
Melissa oil has a sweet, fresh and citrus-like smell. The natural essential
oil comes in pale yellow color and has a watery viscosity.
Constituents & Specifications :
monoterpenaldehydes citral a, citral b and citronellal.
Specific Gravity :
0.880 - 0.920 @ 20°C
Refractive Index :
1.455 - 1.485 @ 20°C
Melissa oil has anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic,
anti-depression, Cordial, stomachic, nervine Febrifuge, hypotensive,
nervine, sedative, stomachic, sudorific, tonic and choleretic properties.
Benefits & Uses :
- Melissa essential oil has therapeutic properties used for nerve
- Melissa oil also has anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic,
stomachic and choleretic properties.
- Melissa essential oil tranquil the nerves and has brilliant qualities
in fighting depression.
- The natural necessary oil helps in cases of hysterics and panic as
well as helps to sluggish the heartbeat, along with high blood pressure
- Melissa oil works like a tonic to the heart while regulating the
menstrual cycle, also helping with period pains.
- The natural essential oil can settle the digestive system, helps with
nausea, flatulence, vomiting, dyspepsia and dysentery
- Melissa oil has a cooling effect on fevers. It can help with
headaches and migraines associated with colds.
- Melissa oil can also be used as a topical treatment for cold sores or