||Marigold oil, Tagete oil
||Plant Parts Used
||Color & Odor
||Yellow amber viscous liquid with fruity, green, herbal
Tagetes is an annual herb up to 60 cm high with soft, oval, pale leaves and
bright orange daisy-like flowers. The essential oil is obtained by steam
distillation from the fresh flowering herb.
Constituents & Specifications :
Tagetes has various chemical compounds that include tagetones, ocimene,
myrcene, linalool, limonene, pinenes, carvone, citral, camphene, valeric
acid and salicylaldehyde.
Anti-infectious, anti-microbial, antibiotic, anti-spasmodic,
anti-parasitic, antiseptic, insecticide and sedative.
Benefits & Uses :
- Tagetes oil is valuable in keeping insects at bay and can help with
parasitic and fungal infestation.
- It is used for chest infections, coughs and catarrh, dilating the
bronchi, facilitating the flow of mucus and dislodging congestion and
can be used in cases of skin infections.
- Tagetes is used in making herbal soap bar due to its excellence
properties and sweet, citrus odour.
- Tagete oil has unique place in perfumery being used in men's
perfumes, and for general use to support floral themes
- It is also used for flavoring tobacco and in most major food
categories, including alcoholic and soft drinks.