||Thymus vulgaris oil, Red thyme oil
||8007-46-3, F.E.M.A. : 3064
||Plant Parts Used
||Color & Odor
||Reddish brown to orange liquid with fresh, medicinal,
Thyme oil has a fresh, herbaceous, medicinal scent. It has often been
described as sharp and warming.
Constituents & Specifications :
Thyme oil has various chemical compounds that include a-thujene, pinene,
camphene, pinene, cymene, terpinene, linalool, borneol, caryophyllene,
Specific Gravity :
0.91100 - 0.91800 @ 25°C
Refractive Index :
1.48900 - 1.51000 @ 20°C
It has antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, bechic,
cardiac, carminative, cicatrisant, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant,
hypertensive, insecticide, stimulant, tonic and vermifuge properties.
Benefits & Uses :
- Thyme oil used to treat colds, coughs and sore throats, nose and
chest infections when used as an inhalation or as a mouthwash or gargle.
- It helps in soothing and relaxation of skin and act as a compress.
- This oils extensively used by manufacturing perfumers for scenting
- It is used in flavouring stuffings, sauces, pickles, stews, soups,
jugged hare, etc.
- It is widely used perfume materials.