Home » Carrier & Base
Oils » Olive Oil
||Olea europaea Oil, Sweet Oil
||Plant Parts Used
||Color & Odor
||Gold to green liquid with Characteristic odor
This golden brown oil has a rich, full bodied aroma. It is highly stable in
Constituents & Specifications :
Palmitic acid: 7.520.0% Stearic acid: 0.55.0% Arachidic acid: <0.8%
Behenic acid: <0.3% Myristic acid: <0.1% Lignoceric acid: <1.0%
Specific Gravity :
0.91500 - 0.92500
Refractive Index :
1.46520 - 1.47540
It has repellent anti-oxidizing properties and prevent the oxidization of
Benefits & Uses :
- Olive oil has an effect in preventing the formation of blood clots
and platelet aggregation. It helps in avoiding excessive blood
coagulation. It can attenuate the effect of fatty foods in encouraging
blood clot formation.
- Regular consumption of olive oil decreases both systolic (maximum)
and diastolic (minimum) blood pressure.
- An olive-oil-rich diet is not only a good alternative in the
treatment of diabetes, but also helps in preventing or delaying the
onset of the disease.
- Olive oil plays an important role in the prevention of continuous
oxidation, one of the processes that influences the development of
certain types of skin cancer.
- Olive oil also acts like a natural anti-oxidant, that slows down the
natural aging process. It also slows down acid overproduction in the
digestive system thereby diminishing the potential for ulcers and other