||Bundevino ulje, Kernol or Kurbiskernol
||Plant Parts Used
||Color & Odor
||light to very dark green to dark red in colour and has
an intense nutty taste
Pumpkin oil is viscous and its color ranges from very faint red to bright
Constituents & Specifications :
Oleic Acid, Myristic Acid, Palmitic acid, Palmitoleic acid , Stearic Acid,
Linoleic acid, Linolenic acid, Arachidic Acid, Gadoleic acid and various
vitamins and mineral
A lot of antioxidant against the free radicals in the blood helps to keep
young and healthy. It has Omega 3 and Omega 6: also known as essential fatty
acids(EFAs). Also a lot of phytosterole which is well known for a positive
effect against high cholesterol.
Benefits & Uses :
- It is used as a cooking oil , it can be serves as a salad dressing
when combined with honey or olive oil. Drizzle the oil on pasta,
rissotto, soups, stews, steamed vegetables, cooked meats, cold meats and
vanilla ice cream.
- The oil is rich in fatty acids, which are good for the joints.
- The oil is rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, D, E and K.
- The oil is rich in minerals, including Magnesium and Calcium.
- The use of pumpkin oil prevents the occurrence of benign prostatic
hyperplasia. It also aids in the treatment of the same.
- It has been scientifically proven that pumpkin seed oil regulates
blood cholesterol, thereby reducing the risk of heart ailments.