||Marigold, Pot marigold
||Plant Parts Used
||Color & Odor
||Yellow with rich and balsamic odor
Calendula absolute is extracted by the solvent method from the flowers and
contains Calendulin, waxes and a little amount of volatile oil.
Constituents & Specifications :
Carotenoids, triterpenes, pentacyclic alcohols loke faradol, anidiol,
calenduladiol, heliantriol, flavonoids, isorhamnetin clycosides, plant acids
and a variety of alcoholic compounds
Perfume, aphrodisiac, deodorant, relaxing, sedative, anti-inflammatory,
having great healing, soothing and softening qualities
Benefits & Uses :
- It is primarily used in perfumery and aromatics. It is widely known
for its healing properties and finds wide usage in a various skin
problems such as cracked and rough skin, nappy rash, grazes, cracked
nipples, varicose veins and inflammations.
- Calendula has great anti-inflammatory properties and vulnerary
properties, making it excellent for help with stubborn wounds, ulcers,
bed sores, varicose veins, bruises, rashes, eczema etc.
- This oil is great to help with sore, inflamed and itchy skin
conditions, also for burns, eczema and nappy rash, as well as sore
cracked nipples. It is also used to treat thread and spider veins as
well as varicose veins.
- Calendula massage oil has great healing, soothing and softening
qualities which makes it a good choice to include when mixing a massage
oil or preparing a carrier oil blend.
- When looking for a base oil for massaging to use when suffering from
skin problems, either with or without the addition of essential oils,
then consider calendula oil.