||Polianthes tuberosa l. flower oil, tuberose essential
||8024-05-3, F.E.M.A. : 3084
||Plant Parts Used
||Color & Odor
||An amber colored liquid with slightly spicy, heavy,
Tuberose Oil is obtained from perennial plant that has long stems &
white, very odorous flowers.
Constituents & Specifications :
Methyl benzoate, menthyl anthranilate, benzyl alcohol, butyric acid
eugenol, nerol, farnesol and geraniol.
Specific Gravity :
0.9200 - 0.9800 @ 25 °C
Refractive Index :
1.4800 - 1.5200 @ 20 °C
Perfume, aphrodisiac, deodorant, relaxing, sedative, warming, antiseptic
Benefits & Uses :
- Tuberose oil Known by its romantic and sensual names Night
Queen and Mistress of the Night
- Tuberose essential oil behaves as an aphrodisiac and its very strong,
intense and intoxicating floral fragrance fills the air and creates an
atmosphere of love.
- It also relaxes the mind and relieves tension and has a warming
effect on the organs as it increases circulation of blood which in turn
helps cure erectile dysfunctions, impotency etc.
- Tuberose Essential Oil is world famous for its use in perfumes and
the rich, intense and long lasting floral fragrance is an ideal choice
for a deodorant and that is why it is so popular in the countries with
hot and humid climate, as they have to deal with sweat and resultant
- This essential oil is good in sedating inflammations,particularly
pertaining to nervous system and the respiratory system. But to have
this sedating effect, it should be used in good dilution.